Would you like to live a healthier lifestyle? Live longer, stronger and full of vitality? Well, it starts from the Kitchen.
ANY DOCTOR WILL ATTEST TO THIS
What time do you eat your dinner? what do you eat for dinner? do you lie down after eating? do you wake up at night to snack?
Well here is an eye-opener for you; our bodies use most energy during the day not at night – this is not rocket science. When we are retiring from a long exhausting day, all the body needs is to rejuvenate not more work. what do I mean by this? when you eat a heavy dinner meal late in the night, let’s say at 8-10 p.m., your body will take up the food and store it as fats. this slowly leads to gradual weight gain.
Let us observe the DINNER RULE.
The number one secret to leading a healthy lifestyle is the Dinner Rule:
1. Eating dinner early – i.e. 6-7.30.
2. Sit upright for about 2hours-do not lie down immediately after eating – the body will take up the food for its normal basal metabolism
3. Eat very little starch (ugali, potatoes, arrowroots, rice, pasta etc).
4. Eat more vegetables (steamed cabbage, broccoli, cucumber, carrots, kales, spinach etc). A generous serving of vegetables keeps you full for longer and has low calories.
5. Do not eat sugary fruits when going to bed – this sugar will be stored as fat…
And lastly do not wake up to snack at night – you do not need energy at night , your body is resting; restoring health
Well there you have it- the number one secret to a healthy lifestyle.
This will transform your life – your metabolism will work better, your energy levels will be higher, you will sleep well and it helps you stay within normal weight.
Cell: +254 726 169414
|I'm a nutritionist with a passion for making people live better and longer through providing consultation on how they should eat to keep fit.
After all, you are what you eat.